Thursday, November 17, 2016

Marmite Chicken (Vegemite Chicken) (妈蜜鸡)

Marmite chicken (or vegemite chicken)! This is another yummilicious chicken my children love. The fried chicken coated with the marmite / vegemite sauce just gave another level of great taste, making my children unable to resist of wanting more of it!

Here's how I made them:-

10 chicken wings (separate the chicken winglets) (about 1kg)

Marinate with...
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp white pepper
- 2 tbsp corn flour

>> In a big bowl or a pot, mix chicken with the marinade ingredients. Use a cling wrap or pot cover to cover the bowl or pot and place the chicken in the fridge. Let chicken marinate for at least 1 hour. (Note: Whenever I wanted to make this dish, I will normally prepare and marinate the chicken in the morning, so that I could do the balance steps faster when I return home from picking up my children from school.)

The sauce...
- 2 tbsp Marmite yeast extract (or Vegemite yeast spread)
- 1 tbsp maltose
- 1 tbsp honey
- 0.5 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 or 2 dashes white pepper
- 100 to 120 ml water

The sesame seeds...
- About 1.5 tbsp white sesame seeds

Method...

Step 1: Fried the marinated chicken!! You could either deep fry them until cooked or use an airfryer to assist in the frying process. 
For this chicken, I use my airfryer to help me with the frying. I separate the chicken into 2 batches and put them into the airfryer. Spray some cooking oil on the chicken and air fried them at 180 degree C for about 20 - 24 minutes i.e until the chicken are cooked and turned golden brown. 

Note: You could start working on the sauce for the Marmite chicken while the chicken were frying in the airfryer.

Step 2: Making the sauce for coating...
- Heat up 1 tbsp of cooking oil, then pour in the sauce ingredients mentioned above and cook at medium heat until it becomes thick.

- Put in the fried chicken and the sesame seeds into the wok of Marmite sauce and mix well. (Note: Make sure that all chicken are coated with sauce and sesame seeds.) 

- Dish up and serve with warm rice and other dishes of your choice... ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment