Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Baked Paper Wrapped Chicken Parcel


I have written about this dish in my other blog at https://bankertobaker.blogspot.com.au/ but I am going to write it here as well, as this is one of the dish I made occasionally for my boys.

Thanks to Mr. Google, I was comparing recipes after recipes on this dish. I have basically learned from http://choodoris.blogspot.com.au/…/paper-wrapped-chicken.ht… but I have modified some ingredients to make it my version.

Here's my marinade ingredients:
- 1.3kg chicken (mixture of drumsticks and wings)
- 1.5 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tsp sugar
- 2 or 3 tsp dark soy sauce (thick sauce 晒油)
- 3 tsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine (Hsao Hsing)
- 4 tsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 0.5 tsp white pepper
- 0.25tsp garlic powder (optional)
Marinate the chicken for 4-6 hours.

For wrapping each chicken (together with 1 or 2 tablespoon of the marinate sauce), it is very similar to wrapping spring rolls but you need to brush some oil or sesame oil on baking paper before wrapping.. And the last bit is to tuck in the baking paper so that the sauce will not leak when you start deep frying or baking it. (Please refer http://choodoris.blogspot.com.au/…/paper-wrapped-chicken.ht… for better understanding on how to tuck in the baking paper.)

I never tried deep frying method but I have tried both air frying the paper wrapped chicken or oven baked them. I normally prefer oven bake as I could bake everything all at once with my oven. For oven bake, what I do is I would spray some oil on each parcel and bake at 200 degree C for about 50 minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment